This six-month-old bundle of joy is the most wonderful gift Pamela Butler could have ever given her daughter.
His name is Josef and, while 57-year-old Pamela has entered the record books by giving birth to the blue-eyed boy, he will always know her as Gran.
She carried him in her own womb for her daughter and son-in-law Nichola and Mathew Pagett after her daughter discovered she was unable to carry a baby.
And this overwhelming gesture of love makes her the oldest known surrogate mum in Britain today.
Pamela, from Blackwood, said: “I wanted to help Nichola more than anything – it was the greatest gift I could give her.”
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on WalesOnline.co.uk
Read more: Welsh gran becomes oldest surrogate in UK for her daughter
Originally posted on February 27, 2011.
Photo credit: WalesOnline.co.uk
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
What I Thought I Knew: A Memoir
by Alice Eve Cohen
--A personal and medical odyssey beyond anything most women would believe possible.
At age forty-four, Alice Eve Cohen was happy for the first time in years. After a difficult divorce, she was engaged to an inspiring man, joyfully raising her adopted daughter, and her career was blossoming.
Alice tells her fiancé that she's never been happier. And then the stomach pains begin.
In her unflinchingly honest and ruefully witty voice, Alice nimbly carries us through her metamorphosis from a woman who has come to terms with infertility to one who struggles to love a heartbeat found in her womb - six months into a high-risk pregnancy.
What I Thought I Knew is a page-turner filled with vivid characters, humor, and many surprises and twists of fate. With the suspense of a thriller and the intimacy of a diary, Cohen describes her unexpected journey through doubt, a broken medical system, and the hotly contested terrain of motherhood and family in today's society.
Timely and compelling, What I Thought I Knew will capture readers of memoirs such as Eat, Pray, Love; The Glass Castle; and A Three Dog Life.
Paperback: 208 pages - Click to order/for more info: What I Thought I Knew: A Memoir - US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading What I Thought I Knew: A Memoir on your Kindle in under a minute! US/Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!