Amazon.com lists over 11,000 items under the search term "fertility"

Oldest recorded natural pregnancy was 57y old

Catherine McDiarmid-Watt | Tuesday, December 13, 2005 | 10 comments

The oldest recorded natural pregnancy was a woman who was 57 years old in California in the late 90's.

~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~

Many of the spontaneous conceptions after age 45 do result in multiple births. Take Arcelia Garcia for example -- triplets at age 54 in 2000. Natural conceptions. Also in 2000 a 53 yr. old gave birth to twins (natural conceptions) her story was a bit eclipsed by Mrs. Garcia's however.

~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~

My name is Terry, I'm 47, my husband is 50 (this week) I'm pregnant , again, without TTC, 7 kids (28-6) and 4 pregnancy losses in past 4 years.........

~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~

I just read on a site that a 50 year old woman is 9 weeks pregnant after doing an IVF. This is in Europe, no donor eggs were used, and they are just delirious. Got pregnant on her very first try. She got married when she was 45, she wanted kids as soon as she did get married, but never thought about alternative treatments.

~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~

Because of her poor responses to ovarian stimulation, inferior oocyte grading and prohibition of donor oocyte usage in Japan, the couple decided to discontinue further IVF treatment at age 48 years, 10 months. One and one-half years later, at age 50 years, 3 months she presented to our clinic eight weeks pregnant. At term she delivered vaginally a 2740 g healthy infant at 38 weeks gestation; Apgar scores were 9 and 10.

TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Pregnancy MiraclePregnancy Miracle
by Lisa Olsen

-- A 279-page, instantly downloadable e-book presenting a 5-step, sure-fire, 100% guaranteed, clinically proven holistic and ancient Chinese system for permanently reversing your infertility and your partner's infertility disorders and getting pregnant quickly, naturally and safely within 2-4 months without drugs, dangerous surgeries, side effects, or expensive infertility treatments.

It's probably the most powerful infertility reversal system ever developed, and currently the best-selling e-book of its kind on the entire Web!

Here's what the author Lisa Olson had to say about her incredible program:
After 14 years of trial, error and experimentation, I finally discovered the answer to infertility and developed a fool-proof system to getting pregnant the natural way - no drugs, or surgery necessary.

It took a lot of research to get to where I am today, to know exactly what works and what doesn't. Yes, after desperate trial and error, countless of useless treatments, disappointments and agony, a simple holistic system opened the door to my new and much brighter life of motherhood.

I was also excited to see that my other infertility related symptoms had diminished. After years of waiting I was finally free from Infertility! I have become a proud mother of two.

"And now I'm finally revealing my secrets in this new 'encyclopedia' of pregnancy called, Pregnancy Miracle."

"I will be your own personal coach, take you by the hand, and lead you through the lousy advice, hype and gimmicks... and directly to the sort of inner balance perfection that will end your battle with infertility forever and help you become a proud mother of your healthy children."

Image: Buy Now
Click to order/for more info on this helpful program:
Pregnancy Miracle

Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.

More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!

More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:

Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!

Category: , , , , , ,

Catherine

About Catherine: I am mom to three grown sons, two grandchildren and two rescue dogs. After years of raising my boys as a single mom, I remarried a wonderful man who had never had a child of his own. Unexpectedly, I found myself pregnant at 49!
Sadly we lost that precious baby at 8 weeks, and decided to try again. Five more losses, turned down for donor egg, foster care and adoption due to my age and losses - we have accepted that there will be no more babies in our house.

Find Catherine on Google+ - Circle us on Google+ - Join us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter

10 comments

1. Anonymous says:

The oldest natural conception in the world occurred when British woman, Dawn Brooke, became pregnant at the age of 59:

2. Anonymous says:

I turned fifty in July and have only one fallopian tube due to an ectopic pregnancy in my early twenties.

I have a thirty four year old son and a seventeen year old daughter.

I am completely shocked to discover I am pregnant especially given my partner of eighteen years and I have recently separated and we rarely had sexual intercourse during the last decade lol..due to our differences and just this last month had a couple of intimate moments???

I never thought to use birth control though I have not missed a period yet and have not gone through menopause.

What are the odds of this happening?

I am completely shocked to say the least.

3. Anonymous says:

I turned 50 a few months ago and have just discovered to my surprise that YES I am pregnant!!!
    I have a 19yr old and a 17yr old and have been trying for the past 16yrs to no avail.
    I saw my Dr not long after the birth of my younger son, but the Dr's attitude was very negative at the time & he put me off as he convinced me that age 35 was too old to be trying so I unfortunately took his word for it, though in hind sight I probably shouldn't have given that my mother who gave birth to 14 children plus several miscariagges, also gave birth in her late 40's. I should never have listened to this Dr who sadly took away my precious opportunity to mother again.
    Nevertheless I am now over the moon and can't wait to share the good news with my older sons whom have been begging me all these years to try for another bayby...... Comes to show expert opinion isn't always gospell!!!

4. Anonymous says:

good luck, iam pleased for you ,iam a mum of 8 and had a opp 6 yrs ago , but i think iam pregant so later today i'am having test ,i'am 50 , i'am not shore how i fell if i'am .as i didt want more ,but if i'am i'am it can only happen to me . all the best hope all goes well

5. Anonymous says:

Hi , are all you older mums out there at your healthiest
    weight and eating a healthy diet ? I'm 44 years old and ttc but I have about 30 pounds I need to lose and a healthier diet wouldn't hurt. I think the weight issue is getting in my way of getting pregnant .

6. Anonymous says:

I am 51. I haven't had a period for three years. My husband is divorcing me. We had sex three times in the last two years (he's had a vasectomy). If I got a new boyfriend in the next year, after three years of no periods, is there any chance of pregnancy?

7. Anonymous says:

Pregnancy after age 45 is absolutely possible. I had my only baby at age 46, naturally and she is beautiful and perfectly healthy. All my doctors said it would not be possible after age 35. I sent them photos of the baby. I only wish I could have seen their faces when the photo arrived. I am a doctor myself, and I tell women to not give up hope, the last egg still exists.

8. Anonymous says:

With God all things are possible. I have no child and am 49, but still trust that I will be able to have a child one day. Keep trying and praying.

9. Anonymous says:

I had a healthy baby 3 months ago, a week before my 46th birthday, the doctor told me I am able to get pregnant again if I don't prevent it.

10. Anonymous says:

I'm 47 and have 30-year old, 12-year old, and 2-year old sons. My last pregnancy came as a surprise when I was 44, and at 45 I gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby. Anything is possible!

WE LOVE COMMENTS!
Don't just sit there, reading this story or article - say something! Do you believe it? Do you think it is impossible? Do you wish it was you? Do you have a story to share (it might get published!)

NOTE: Comments are moderated - just to stop the spambots - and so may take up to a few hours to be approved.

Catherine reserves the right to review, edit, refuse or delete any comment.