We had Eddie late in life. Bruce is 52 and I’m 48. The funny thing is, I expected people to think we were his grandparents. Instead, I’ll see people my age with a child and assume they’re the parents.
I took a long time to get engaged, to get married and to come around to the idea of having children. For a long time, I thought I didn’t want any. I changed my mind. But by that time, my body had gone to seed, like a stalk of dill, or parsley. Yellowed. Spent.
So at 45, I decided to try in vitro fertilization. My first attempt was with eggs generously donated by my sister. It didn’t work.
So at 46, I tried again – this time with eggs from a 20-year old ballerina.
By veteran journalist, Caren Chesler, mother at 47, author of the blog:
“The Dancing Egg — An IVF Story for the Over 40 Crowd”.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Fertility Wisdom: How Traditional Chinese Medicine Can Help Overcome Infertility
by Angela C. Wu, Katherine Anttila, Betsy Brown
-- At Wu's Healing Center in San Francisco, miracles are happening.
Women and their partners come to the clinic--often from across the country-- to fulfill a passionately held yet fragile dream: to conceive and deliver the healthy baby that mainstream doctors have told them they cannot have.
Using traditional Chinese medical techniques, sometimes integrated with Western fertility treatments, Dr. Angela Wu is helping these couples experience the miracle of birth.
At a time when one in five U.S. couples is struggling with fertility problems, this practical and uplifting volume, filled with the inspirational stories of Dr. Wu's grateful patients, will be a godsend.
Paperback: 256 pages - Click to order/for more info: Fertility Wisdom
-- Start reading Fertility Wisdom on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!