Feb. 26, 2011 - A 57-year-old woman has become Britain's oldest surrogate mother, having given birth to her grandson through in-vitro fertilization, officials said.
Pamela Butler gave birth to Josef, her 5-pound 4-ounce grandson following four IVF attempts, the Daily Telegraph reported.
Doctors impregnated eggs taken from Nichola Pagett, Butler's daughter, with sperm taken from Nichola's husband Mathew, and implanted them into Butler's womb.
Baby Josef was born in August.
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on UPI.com
Read more: Woman, 57, gives birth to grandson
Originally posted on February 26, 2011
Photo Credit: DailyMail.co.uk
All Rights Reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Pregnancy Blessings: How To Overcome Your Infertility Naturally
-- Have you and your partner been trying to get pregnant for a while now?
Are you becoming frustrated and anxious over not being able to?
If you’ve answered
yesto either or both questions, I know many others who know exactly what you are going through and I have the solution you are looking for today.
My name is Alicia Pennington, and I was a midwife for 12 years. I worked with hundreds of couples on delivering their pregnancies, I also met many couples who were having trouble conceiving.
Click to order/or for more info on this helpful program:
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!