Twenty-two weeks into my pregnancy, in the middle of the night, my water broke. There was no rhyme or reason for it. I was not in labor!
I was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, with my legs elevated. There was so much jolting in the ambulance, I truly thought I’d deliver the baby on the way to the hospital.
Very long story, short, I spent eight, bedridden weeks in the hospital, hoping and praying that my baby would not be born too soon. Every day he wasn’t born early, was a blessing. Every week I didn’t go into labor, became a medical miracle.
My baby was finally born 10 weeks early, via emergency C-section.
Photo credit: Shutterstock photos
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Right Time Baby: The Complete Guide to Later Motherhood and Pregnancy
by Claudia Spahr
-- There couldn't be a better time for motherhood than after you've explored some of your own dreams and ambitions.
Studies show later mothers to be more secure emotionally and financially than younger mothers and nearly a quarter of all women in the UK are now having babies after 35.
Packed full of useful tips from top medical experts, scientists and world authorities, including Dr Michel Odent and Dr Marilyn Glenville, this book is a complete guide for the woman who's lived a life before giving birth.
It covers: preparing for pregnancy and motherhood; how to improve egg quality and prolong fertility so you can get pregnant naturally; exercises, relaxation techniques, mind-body connection for conception; how to increase your chances of success at IVF; making the most of your pregnancy, month by month; ways to avoid pregnancy loss; pregnancy yoga and natural remedies for common pregnancy ailments; how to have the best birth possible; from me to mum - adjusting to lack of sleep, relationship changes and that other job; parenting secrets and concepts from around the globe to inspire new mothers; and, the latest research in neuroscience, nutrition and psychology.
Get ready to embrace the biggest, most exciting transition of your life!
Paperback: 320 pages - Click to order/for more info: Right Time Baby
US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading Right Time Baby on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!