I'm 43 years old and I waited a long time for this perfectly cute and squishy person to arrive. Three miscarriages and one fibroid surgery later, little Milo arrived five months ago and since that day, I live on a new planet.
I don't live under a rock; I knew life would be different. I understood my sex life would drop off the face of the Earth, friends would play second fiddle for awhile and getting more than four minutes of sleep would be like Rob Lowe showing up on my doorstep every Monday night to snuggle -- it just doesn't happen.
If one more person tells me "it gets better" I'm going to leave my baby on their doorstep.
Stock Photo credit: redfloor
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Couple's Guide To In Vitro Fertilization: Everything You Need To Know To Maximize Your Chances Of Success
by Liza Charlesworth
-- Despite the fact that it is an expensive, complex, emotionally draining, and often last-ditch fertility treatment, there are now over 250,000 couples who consider in vitro fertilization (IVF) every year; more than 125,000 couples decide to undergo it.
While dry, clinical information is available, there is a gaping need for sisterly advice from someone who's been through the process herself.
From evaluating care and preparing for the complicated process to understanding egg retrieval and embryo transfer; from tips on taking medications and coping with hormonal surges to dealing with the emotional aspects of the grueling IVF process, Liza Charlesworth's The Couple's Guide to In Vitro Fertilization offers knowing, sensitive counsel.
Full of hard-won personal wisdom and the most up-to-date medical information explained in layman's terms, this invaluable guide is sure to become recommended reading for couples trying to conceive and their families alike.
Paperback: 312 pages - Click to order/for more info:
The Couple's Guide To In Vitro Fertilization
-- Start reading The Couple's Guide To In Vitro Fertilization on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!