"My 27-year-old dead son is back. That's how I feel," said Kanakalata Ram, who became the oldest mother in the state at the ripe age of 61 after losing her only son in a road accident a year ago.
"After pondering over options to have a child again, I suggested to her that we should adopt. But she wanted to explore if she can be a mother with medical help," said Singh.
The couple had started taking treatment for assisted reproduction days after their son's death. "My son has given me so much energy. I have found new reason to live now," said Kanakalata who delivered her baby boy on December 2 through a Caesarian section. She had been avoiding the media glare so far.
"People often ask me how will I take care of my son at this old age. One thing I have realized that death can come to any one at any age. So why worry about age," said Kanakalata, who has named her newborn Rudra Aditya Siddharth Singh.
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on IndiaTimes.com
Read more: Sixty one-year-old to be mother again
Originally posted on July 23, 2011.
Photo credit: IndiaTimes.com
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Conception Chronicles: The Uncensored Truth About Sex, Love and Marriage When You're Trying to Get Pregnant
by Patty Doyle Debano, Courtney Menzel, Shelly Sutphen
-- When we first started down the baby-making path, we thought we'd be pregnant in no time. We'd just toss out our birth control pills and before we knew it, we'd be rocking our little one to sleep.
Little did we know what was in store for us, or the energy it would take to face all of the crazy, unpredictable and (sometimes) irrational emotions we felt along the way. Neither did our husbands. Sound familiar?
Then this is the book for you. Whether it's been three months or three years since you've been trying, the more complicated and overwhelming the process becomes.
The Conception Chronicles shares candid humor, hold-nothing-back banter and practical advice on everything that goes along with trying to start a family: from dealing with your fertile friends to the battery of tests you may have to face; from surviving "sex on demand" to navigating the ins and outs of high-tech fertility treatments.
This book will guide you through the emotional journey to motherhood, offering compassion and laughter like only your best girlfriends can. And we promise you'll never hear us say, "Relax and you'll be pregnant in no time."
Paperback: 284 pages - Click to order/for more info: The Conception Chronicles - US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading The Conception Chronicles (US/Canada) on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!