Saroj Naik's world collapsed in 2009 when her gynaecologist told her that she was menopausal and could never conceive.
Although she had already had four miscarriages, 51-year-old Saroj and her husband Satyawan, 54, who reside at Merces, never lost hope and prayed for the gift of a child.
Their prayers seemed to have been answered when, through the method of in-vitro fertilization (IVF), Saroj was able to conceive again.
The couple's elation knew no bounds when she ultimately gave birth to a healthy baby girl on February 10.
Their joy doubled when they were informed that Saroj was the oldest woman in the state to have had a successful post-menopausal delivery with the help of IVF.
"Now, our days are filled with joy and happiness. Our day starts and ends with the hearty laughter of our little girl Saili," a proud Saroj said.
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on IndiaTimes.com
Read more: Medical intervention helps 51-yr-old become mom
Originally posted on March 13, 2011.
Photo credit: Stock photo by Sukanto Debnath
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Way of the Fertile Soul:
Ten Ancient Chinese Secrets to Tap into a Woman's Creative Potential
by Randine Lewis
Being fertile and fruitful can mean giving birth to a child -- but to have a fertile soul means to give birth to the true self a woman wants to be: to live a life filled with passion, strength, joy, and adventure.
In The Way of the Fertile Soul, Dr. Randine Lewis outlines ten ancient Chinese medical and Taoist "secrets" that hold the little-known key to successfully conceiving babies, new dreams, and a fulfilling life for women at any phase in their lives.
The Way of the Fertile Soul encourages women to strive toward health, abundance, and a fruitful, joyous approach to life.
By using diagnostic questionnaires, qi gong exercises, and guided meditations to help the reader understand how the elements of nature express themselves in her body, mind, and spirit, The Way of the Fertile Soul provides the tools to greatly increase a woman's chance of conceiving, identify imbalances, reduce stress, increase energy, and uncover her intrinsic creativity and express it fully.
Paperback: 240 pages - Click to order/for more info: The Way of the Fertile Soul - US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading The Way of the Fertile Soul on your Kindle in under a minute! US | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!