Helen Perks has heard all the negatives about being an older mother. But she isn't buying them.
Photo: Helen Perks with four-year-old Eva and seven-year-old Max.
"Some people say you're going to be old and exhausted, but it works in the opposite way," said Ms Perks, a web designer who had her first child, Max, when she was 40, and her second, Eva, when she was 43.
"In fact, it encourages you. You think, 'Well, I'm going to be older when I have my kids, so I have to keep myself healthy'."
Ms Perks said she was a more grounded person in her 40s than earlier in her life.
Photo credit: Ben Rushton
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Yes, You Can Get Pregnant:
The Diet That Will Improve Your Fertility Now and Into Your 40's
by Aimee E. Raupp
-- Worried about your ability to have children in the next five years?
Have you been trying to get pregnant for a while now and it's just not happening.
Does it seem like every woman you know is having a hard time getting pregnant and you don't want that to be you when you're ready?
If you answered yes to any one of these questions, Aimee's second book, Yes, You Can Get Pregnant: The Diet That Will Improve Your Fertility Now and Into Your 40's, was written for you.
Whether you're in your 20's, 30's or 40's, this book will give you all the nutritional information you need to keep your baby-making machinery in tip-top shape.
Paperback: 52 pages - Click to order/for more info: Yes, You Can Get Pregnant
-- Start reading Yes, You Can Get Pregnant on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!