A 49-year-old U.S. woman has given birth to her grandson after her daughter was precluded from becoming pregnant because of a heart condition.
The Portland Press Herald newspaper reports that Linda Sirois gave birth on Aug. 13 for her daughter, Angel.
Twenty-five-year-old Angel Hebert says her baby is "eating like a champ and he doesn't fuss too much."
Linda said she's offered for years to become a gestational surrogate for Angel if a doctor said she shouldn't become pregnant. Angel Hebert says she and husband Brian Hebert got that word last summer.
Linda has four children, including twins, and her youngest kids are in college.
Linda last gave birth to twins 20 years ago. She says she thinks this pregnancy might have been her easiest.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Pathways to Parenthood: The Ultimate Guide to Surrogacy
by Stacy Ziegler
-- A how-to guide to Surrogacy.
It covers Gestational Surrogacy via IVF as well as Traditional Surrogacy via Artificial Insemination.
The mystery that surrounds Surrogacy is demystified and everything is broken down into layman's terms.
This book will take you from deciding if Surrogacy is the right path for you, to contact with your surrogate after the delivery and everything in between.
You will learn about the legal, medical, as well as the emotional aspects of choosing Surrogacy as your pathway to parenthood.
You will be given the pros and cons of using an agency as well as going about it on your own.
Paperback: 120 pages - Click to order/for more info:
Pathways to Parenthood
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!