April 24, 1992 - ROME —
A 62-year-old woman has become pregnant after a test-tube conception, her doctor said Thursday.
She apparently would be the oldest person to give birth if she delivers successfully.
Concetta Ditessa, a housewife from a Calabrian village in southern Italy, is due to give birth to a boy in August.
She has had no complications, Dr. Raffaele Magli said in a telephone interview from his office in Naples.
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on LAtimes.com
Read more: 62-Year-Old Could Be Oldest to Give Birth
Originally posted on April 24, 1992
Photo Credit: LAtimes.com
All Rights Reserved
SUGGESTED READING LIST:
• Get Pregnant Naturally - Discover how to reverse infertility... at any age! Even if you're in your late 40's.
• Fibroids Miracle™ -- How to naturally and permanently eliminate your Uterine Fibroids without drugs, surgery or any kind of gimmicks.
• Ovarian Cyst Miracle™ -- Get the FACTS on how to eliminate your Ovarian Cysts 100% naturally and Permanently. Achieve LASTING freedom from PCOS related symptoms without spending your hard-earned money on meds.
• Prince or Princess? -- Can you really choose your baby's gender? What you need to know before you conceive.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Grade A Baby Eggs; An Infertility Memoir
by Victoria Hopewell
-- Victoria Hopewell was a forty-something divorced clinical psychologist when she met and married a longtime bachelor whose ninety-year-old parents were anxiously waiting for a grandchild.
Problem was, even though Victoria had two young daughters from a previous marriage, her intense desire to create a baby with her new husband was thwarted by her own body. Her eggs were aging faster than her healthy hormones and youthful appearance would suppose.
Desperate to bear a child, willing to undergo every procedure from Lupron shots through egg harvesting and in vitro fertilization (IVF), she is blocked at every corner of medical protocol from achieving her dream of a successful pregnancy.
Finally she journeys toward acceptance of using a donor egg, much to the dismay of her growing daughters. But no eggs are available, and she is placed on a lengthy hospital wait-list. Victoria and her husband then embark on a surrealistic egg hunt to find their own donor.
Follow her insider's account of the hidden world of egg donation-where women's eggs are bought and sold over the internet and a beautiful model with high SATs and a prior successful donation commands the highest prices.
Start reading Grade A Baby Eggs on your Kindle in under a minute!
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle?
Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Jamberry Nails: The hottest trend in nail design. Get high-end nail art without the fuss of polish - or expensive salon visits! Like them on Facebook!
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!