As Paula Lackie strokes her swollen tummy she admits she is counting the days until the arrival of her unborn baby.
In her 20's, tests revealed she could never fall pregnant naturally.
Rather than giving up on her dream of becoming a mum, Paula and her then husband adopted two children they adore.
For most of the next two decades she admits she secretly hoped doctors had got her diagnosis wrong, only to be left shattered each month when she failed to conceive.
And only after finally giving up hope of ever falling pregnant naturally did she discover she was expecting.
Paula, 43, of Haddington, East Lothian, said: “At first I thought I must be starting the menopause."
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on DailyRecord.co.uk
Read more: Delight for woman as she falls pregnant after 22 years of trying
Originally posted in April 15, 2012.
Photo Credit: DailyRecord.co.uk
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Long-Awaited Stork: A Guide to Parenting After Infertility
by Ellen Sarasohn Glazer
-- Parents who have wondered about the long term impact of infertility on their self image will find the answers in this insightful book by Lois Melina, author of Raising Adopted Children and Making Sense of Adoption.
Finally, here's a book that's sensitive and responsive to the unique emotional experience of parenting after a long, arduous course of infertility diagnosis and treatment.
The Long-Awaited Stork gives you all the information, advice, and support you need to adjust to and cope with the special problems of parenting after infertility.
Paperback: 368 pages
Click to order/for more info: The Long-Awaited Stork
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!