A mother-of-13 has told her husband she wants IVF for her Christmas present this year.
Debbie Simpson, 45, is struggling to conceive for the first time in her life with Derek, but doesn't yet feel her family is complete.
'Having babies is my job,' said Mrs Simpson, who has spent an incredible ten years of her life pregnant.
'I love it and I'll keep trying until I'm 60. We didn't plan to have such a big family, it just kind of happened because there was no reason to stop.'
'It's never taken me longer than six months to fall pregnant when we stop using contraception.'
'On Christmas morning our living room is like a war zone - but it's all about the kids.
'That's why it makes me sad, because all I want is another baby to make everything perfect.'
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on Dailymail.co.uk
Read more: Mother of 13: I want IVF for Christmas so I can have my 14th baby
Originally posted on December 15, 2009.
Photo credit: Alan Peeples|Dailymail.co.uk
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION
First Time Mothers, Last Chance Babies: Parenting at 35+
by Madelyn Cain
-- Advice and comfort for baby boomer mothers.
First-Time Mothers, Last-Chance Babies takes an extremely thoughtful look into a subject that is ignored in our society.
Her carefully written and researched book reveals the truth about the difficulty, and the rewards, of parenting later in life.
Paperback: 220 pages - Click to order/for more info: First Time Mothers, Last Chance Babies - US | Canada | UK
Hardcover - Click to order/for more info: First Time Mothers, Last Chance Babies - US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!