Parents Jim Bob and Michelle were joined by their 19 children, as well as son Joshua's wife and two twins, on Today this morning. There they were greeted by Savannah Guthrie who asked them pointedly if they have any big news to share.
"Not that I know of," Michelle says. "We would love to, but we don't today."
That doesn't mean they aren't trying, though. The 45-year-old admits that she definitely has plans for more babies in the future.
"We definitely are. We would love more if the Lord saw fit to give us more," she says. "So, we will wait and see. But today isn't one of those days where we get to make that kind of announcement."
"It is fun trying though," Jim Bob adds with a laugh.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
One Mom's Journey to Motherhood: Infertility, Childbirth Complications, and Postpartum Depression, Oh My!
by Ivy Shih Leung
-- Author Ivy Shih Leung shares her not-so-perfect road to motherhood in this book that is part memoir and part self-help guide, reflecting lessons learned in the form of helpful tips and information to empower readers on the biological and sociological roots behind postpartum depression (PPD).
She also seeks to raise awareness of the myths of motherhood and the stigma of PPD that contribute to the silent suffering of many mothers, as well as the importance of adequate social support in the early postpartum weeks.
A culmination of Ivy's frightening PPD journey and her emergence from it with a passion to learn more about perinatal mood disorders, this book is fueled with passion to help other women and their families, anger from the unnecessary suffering Ivy went through from the lack of information available to the public about PPD, her doctors' ignorance and lack of sensitivity, and public remarks like, "There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance."
All of which shows there's still a long way to go in terms of educating the public about an illness that is suffered by one in eight new mothers.
Hardcover: 428 pages - Click to order/for more info: One Mom's Journey to Motherhood
Paperback: 428 pages - Click to order/for more info: One Mom's Journey to Motherhood
-- Start reading One Mom's Journey to Motherhood on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!