The 56-year-old grandmother who carried triplets as a surrogate for her daughter said she's feeling great after the Oct. 11 delivery by Caesarean section.
"I feel like my normal self, ready to go back to work and whatever," said Jaci Dalenberg of Wooster, Ohio, today on "Good Morning America."
The three healthy baby girls, Elizabeth Jacilyn, Carmina Ann and Gabriella Claire, were born nine weeks early and are still in the hospital, but they should be released soon, said the triplets' mom, Kim Coseno.
Kim and Joe Coseno met six years ago, and when they got married, they dreamed about extending their family. Kim already had two children, Brittini and Colin, but wanted to bring more love into their home.
Surgery had left Kim unable to give birth herself, and the couple's multiple attempts at adoption had failed.
The Cosenos nearly lost hope when Kim's mom made the extraordinary offer to act as a surrogate for them.
"It just popped into my head, and I thought if I could do it, I would do it. I approached Kim about it and went from there," Dalenberg said.
Photo credit: abcnews.go.com
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Pathways to Parenthood: The Ultimate Guide to Surrogacy
by Stacy Ziegler
-- a how-to guide to Surrogacy.
It covers Gestational Surrogacy via IVF as well as Traditional Surrogacy via Artificial Insemination.
The mystery that surrounds Surrogacy is demystified and everything is broken down into layman's terms.
This book will take you from deciding if Surrogacy is the right path for you, to contact with your surrogate after the delivery and everything in between.
You will learn about the legal, medical, as well as the emotional aspects of choosing Surrogacy as your pathway to parenthood.
You will be given the pros and cons of using an agency as well as going about it on your own.
Paperback: 120 pages - Click to order/for more info: Pathways to Parenthood
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!