I never ever in a million years though that I would say that I am the VERY PROUD mother of a 11 month old little boy. I was married for 23 years and during that time we had tried several avenues to adopt.
Unfortunately, I was the breadwinner and unable to be a stay at home mom which ruled out several agencies. Adopting an older child was an option but again we ran into road blocks.
By my late 30′s I had accepted the fact that I would never be blessed with Motherhood. In May 2011, my husband of 23 years announced that he was leaving the marriage to pursue a young woman he met on the internet. My world was shattered.
In August 2011 the phone rang. It was a call that changed my whole life. My brother was on the line. He said “I have a friend who is having a baby boy and placing it for adoption. Are you still interested?” I had a hard time breathing when I spoke to the birth mother on the phone. Was she serious? Was this all real? Would she like me? Would she care that I was a 44 yr old single Mom?
Once a 44 year old divorce’ who had given up hope of becoming a mother, I am now a 45 yr old Mother of a bouncing baby boy!
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Pregnancy After 40:
40 Things No One Told You About Being Pregnant Over 40 (Pregnancy Plan Series)
by Jill Conrad, Pregnancy Support Institute
-- So you’re over 40 and you’ve decided to get pregnant. You are not alone.
A growing number of women are waiting to have a baby until they are over 40.
This book will reveal:
♥ How you can have a healthy baby in your forties (in spite of all the warnings).
♥ What the biggest risks are and what you can do about them (it may not be as bad as you think)
♥ The 3 most important things you can do to have a healthy baby after 40 (you might already be doing some of them)
♥ Why older mothers often make better parents (the surprising reason)
♥ The one thing you should do every night to keep you fertile and able to conceive naturally (it takes 5 minutes)
…and Much More!
So get started and discover how to have the safest pregnancy and the healthiest baby when you are over 40 and pregnant.
-- Start reading Pregnancy After 40 on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!