Burns was 41 at the time, and she thought her odds of getting pregnant without assistance were slim. After a few discouraging months and a failed pregnancy the Burns decided they were done.
"Come back in a month, and we'll take care of it, and I came back in a month and I was pregnant," Burns said. "We sat, waited for an ultrasound. The radiologist comes in and matter-of-factly says, ‘We see three heartbeats.' I was like, wait! No, you didn't say three."
Dr. Brian Kirshon, an OB/GYN who specializes in high-risk obstetrics, noted just how rare his patient's case is, said this type of pregnancy is 1 in 1 million.
Photo credit: KHOU/CBS
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Conquering Infertility: Dr. Alice Domar's Mind/Body Guide to Enhancing Fertility and Coping with Infertility
by Alice D. Domar and Alice Lesch Kelly
-- Infertility is a heartbreaking condition that affects nine million American couples each year.
It causes tremendous stress, can trigger debilitating sadness and depression, and can tear a marriage to shreds.
In Conquering Infertility, Harvard psychologist Alice Domar—whom Vogue calls the “Fertility Goddess”—provides infertile couples with what they need most: stress relief, support, and hope.
Using the innovative mind/body techniques she has perfected at her clinic, Domar helps infertile women not only regain control over their lives but also boost their chances of becoming pregnant.
Paperback: 320 pages - Click to order/for more info:
Hardcover: 304 pages - Click to order/for more info:
-- Start reading Conquering Infertility on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!