April 24, 1997 -- A woman 63 years and 9 months old recently gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Her doctors say that as far as they know, she is the oldest woman ever to give birth.
The woman was well past menopause, but she became pregnant by using a donated egg from a much younger woman.
The woman's doctors refused to identify the woman, saying she was adamant about preserving her privacy.
They said only that she lived in the Los Angeles area, that her baby was delivered by Caesarean section late last year, that the woman recovered uneventfully and that she breast-fed her baby.
Stock Photo credit: icelandit
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Enhancing Fertility: A Couple's Guide to Natural Approaches
by Chris D. Meletis and Liz Brown
-- This book is dedicated to the millions of couples who are trying to get pregnant without success.
Rather than assuming that you are in-fertile, you can try the many reliable natural remedies and resources in this book.
Barring physical problems beyond your control, you have the power to take charge of your health and boost your fertility.
The authors' goal is simple: to provide a clear guide to conception based on natural, safe, well-researched therapeutic approaches.
Nutritional, environmental, botanical, and physical medicines, as well as traditional Chinese medical practices and homeopathy, all offer ways to promote fertility.
Both men and women will find a wealth of helpful information on what to do-individually and together--to fully realize their fertility potential.
Even if in-fertility isn't a problem, and you are simply planning to get pregnant and want to deliver a healthy baby, this book will help improve your chances.
Anyone seeking to become a parent will benefit from this book's practical, time-tested wisdom.
The healthier a woman is, the greater likelihood the seed of life will find fertile soil and grow into a healthy baby.
Click to read more
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!