WHEN Annie Holland started to feel ill just weeks after finishing cancer treatment, she could have been forgiven for fearing the worst.
In the previous 15 months she had been diagnosed with breast cancer, spent a month in hospital battling meningitis and even suffered a ruptured artery that could have caused her to bleed to death.
Despite believing the grueling cancer treatment she had just gone through had left her infertile, Annie followed her husband Sam’s advice and took a pregnancy test.
The couple were stunned to discover Annie was 10 weeks pregnant.
Primary school teacher Annie, 40, from Bishopbriggs, near Glasgow, said: “To say we were shocked is a huge understatement but we were also delighted.
Stock Photo credit: labergquis
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
What to Do When You Can't Get Pregnant: The Complete Guide to All the Technologies for Couples Facing Fertility Problems
by Daniel A. Potter and Jennifer S. Hanin
-- In-fertility can be a couple's biggest nightmare, and for many of them, technology is the only place to turn for a chance at successfully conceiving their own child.
In What to Do When You Can't Get Pregnant, world-renowned fertility expert Dr. Daniel A. Potter and Jennifer S. Hanin—a journalist who conceived twin girls through in vitro fertilization—walk readers step-by-step through the intricate process of having a baby using the latest technologies, sharing insider information on all possible procedures, how to choose the right doctor, what questions to ask, and how to live a healthy "fertile" lifestyle to increase the chances of success.
For the first time, readers will have access to detailed information on the very latest scientific advances in the field, including pre-screening for genetic diseases, gender-choosing, and pre-selecting desirable traits for children.
Click to read more
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!