While that may not seem anything exciting in itself, people have babies all the time, to me it's a huge, huge thing.
I'm 47 years old, which makes me positively ancient in new mother terms, that's the point, my baby is my first and probably only baby.
People do have children late but rarely first children this late. I have been very lucky indeed.
After years of trying to conceive, after several miscarriages, one particularly sad, my father dying, my body starting to do horrid things to itself due to an auto immune condition and all sorts of up and downs with work (the dot com boomed then bust) I finally fell pregnant in May of 2011 after traveling to Alicante in Southern Spain to have IVF [in vitro fertilization] treatment.
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on Cambridge-News.co.uk
Read more: A tiny bundle of Hope
Originally posted in 2010
Stock Photo credit: Cambridge-News.co.uk
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Couple's Guide To In Vitro Fertilization: Everything You Need To Know To Maximize Your Chances Of Success
by Liza Charlesworth
-- Despite the fact that it is an expensive, complex, emotionally draining, and often last-ditch fertility treatment, there are now over 250,000 couples who consider in vitro fertilization (IVF) every year; more than 125,000 couples decide to undergo it.
While dry, clinical information is available, there is a gaping need for sisterly advice from someone who's been through the process herself.
From evaluating care and preparing for the complicated process to understanding egg retrieval and embryo transfer; from tips on taking medications and coping with hormonal surges to dealing with the emotional aspects of the grueling IVF process, Liza Charlesworth's The Couple's Guide to In Vitro Fertilization offers knowing, sensitive counsel.
Full of hard-won personal wisdom and the most up-to-date medical information explained in layman's terms, this invaluable guide is sure to become recommended reading for couples trying to conceive and their families alike.
Paperback: 312 pages
Click to order/for more info: The Couple's Guide To In Vitro Fertilization
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
Start reading The Couple's Guide To In Vitro Fertilization (US) on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle?
Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!