June 14, 2010 - After nearly 44 years of a childless married life, a 66-year-old woman in Haryana has given birth to triplets, becoming possibly the oldest woman to do so.
Bhateri Devi gave birth to the triplets – two boys and a girl – May 29 at National Fertility Centre here through In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) technique, officials at the centre said Sunday, adding she was possibly the oldest known mother in the world to give birth to triplets.
“According to the birth certificate issued by a government hospital in Rohtak district, Bhateri Devi was born on May 21, 1944 in Madina village of Rohtak.
This birth proof is authentic and therefore she has become the oldest mother in the world to give birth to triplets so far,” Anurag Bishnoi, who supervised the whole process, told reporters.
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on DailyMail.co.uk
Read more: Childless woman, 66, becomes oldest in the world to give birth to triplets after IVF treatment
Originally posted on June 14, 2010
Photo Credit: © Ramesh Sharma / Barcoft India
All Rights Reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition 4th Edition
by Marilyn M. Shannon
-- How your diet affects your menstrual cycles and fertility...
Self help strategies for PMS, infertility, painful periods, pre-menopause, repeated pregnancy loss, irregular cycles, heavy bleeding, pregnancy, and male infertility.
The premise which prompted Marilyn Shannon to write the first edition of Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition in 1990 has more scientific backing than ever before: There are many cycle irregularities that can either be eliminated or alleviated simply through better nutrition or body balance.
In this completely updated and expanded edition, Shannon identifies the specific nutrition and targeted supplementation that can be used as self-care to overcome cycle problems or improve fertility.
Paperback: 204 pages
Click to order/for more info: Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!