Trying to fill an aching vacuum after the death of their only son, an elderly couple has achieved the miraculous feat of conceiving a child at the ripe age of 60 plus.
Retired headmistress of a school at Anandpur town in Keonjhar district, Kanakalata Ram, and husband Sarat Chandra Singh, ex-employee of the district transport department, have conceived again after the death of their son Tarini Prasad in a tragic accident in 2010.
Dr Prabhat Nalini Mohanty, who has been treating 61-year-old Kanakalata, now at an advanced stage of pregnancy, said the husband had no problem because his sperm counts were good. The doctors restored Kanakalata's menstrual cycle with the help of medicines but the couple had to take help of a donor's eggs. "Kanakalata is five months pregnant after an invitro fertilization," Dr Mohanty said.
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on IndiaTimes.com
Read more: Sixty one-year-old to be mother again
Originally posted on July 23, 2011.
Photo credit: IndiaTimes.com)
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Long-Awaited Stork: A Guide to Parenting After Infertility
by Ellen Sarasohn Glazer
-- Parents who have wondered about the long term impact of infertility on their self image will find the answers in this insightful book by Lois Melina, author of Raising Adopted Children and Making Sense of Adoption.
Finally, here's a book that's sensitive and responsive to the unique emotional experience of parenting after a long, arduous course of infertility diagnosis and treatment.
The Long-Awaited Stork gives you all the information, advice, and support you need to adjust to and cope with the special problems of parenting after infertility.
Paperback: 368 pages
Click to order/for more info: The Long-Awaited Stork
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!