It took 34 years, £50,000, miscarriages, five rounds of IVF [in vitro fertilization] and a surrogate - but my daughter Bonnie was worth it
Devoted mother Kim Parsons is proof childless couples should never give up hope.
The 53-year-old spent 34 years and £50,000 trying to fall pregnant but is now mother to a happy two-year-old.
Kim had longed for a baby ever since she was 18, but she tragically suffered a string of miscarriages, followed by five unsuccessful rounds of IVF.
But Kim and her husband David, from Kings Lynn, Norfolk, were determined to be parents and finally chose to use a surrogate, who gave birth to their daughter Bonnie in September 2008.
Kim, from Kings Lynn, Norfolk, said: 'I can't thank her enough - she has completely transformed our life.
'I'll never forget the first time I held my daughter. She was gorgeous, with blonde hair and huge blue eyes, so we decided Bonnie would be a good name for her.
'All those years of heartache and longing just faded away when I looked at her.
'I don't see a long and lonely future for myself and Dave anymore, just one where we raise our baby together, and that's all because of our surrogate.'
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on DailyMail.co.uk
Read more: It took 34 years, £50,000, miscarriages, five rounds of IVF and a surrogate - but my daughter Bonnie was worth it
Originally posted on March 2, 2011.
Photo credit: Mark Clifford / Barcroft Media / DailyMail.co.uk
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
40 and Pregnant!:
What to expect when you are having your first child and are at (or near) the age of 40
by Dena Kennedy
-- This is a book for women who are at or near the age of 40 and pregnant for the first time.
This book explains many things that happen to a woman, her body and her mind when having children later in life.
It is also helpful to anyone who is pregnant or just recently had a baby.
About the Author: I am a mother of two and a full time legal secretary for a high profile law firm. Trying to juggle family life and a career at the same time can be difficult.
I would like to share with you what to expect when you are ... 40 and Pregnant!
Paperback: 138 pages - Click to order/for more info: 40 and Pregnant! | US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading 40 and Pregnant! on your Kindle in under a minute! US/Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!