A 43 year old Madrid woman has given birth to her fourth child while in the toilets of the Law Faculty of the UNED University in Madrid, where she works.
She said she did not even know she was pregnant.
She had thought that she had started the menopause.
Two of her work colleagues helped her and called SAMUR health professionals to the scene on Monday at 11am.
The baby girl weighed 1.96 kilos, and mother and baby are now both doing well in the Gregario Marañón Hospital.
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on TypicallySpanish.com
Read more: Madrid woman gives birth at work, saying she did not even know she was pregnant
Originally posted on December 14th, 2010.
Photo credit: TypicallySpanish.com
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Surrogate Motherhood and the Politics of Reproduction
by Susan Markens
-- Susan Markens takes on one of the hottest issues on the fertility front--surrogate motherhood--in a book that illuminates the culture wars that have erupted over new reproductive technologies in the United States.
In an innovative analysis of legislative responses to surrogacy in the bellwether states of New York and California, Markens explores how discourses about gender, family, race, genetics, rights, and choice have shaped policies aimed at this issue.
She examines the views of key players, including legislators, women's organizations, religious groups, the media, and others.
In a study that finds surprising ideological agreement among those with opposing views of surrogate motherhood, Markens challenges common assumptions about our responses to reproductive technologies and at the same time offers a fascinating picture of how reproductive politics shape social policy.
Paperback: 277 pages - Click to order/for more info: Surrogate Motherhood and the Politics of Reproduction - US | Canada | UK
Hardcover: 277 pages - Click to order/for more info: Surrogate Motherhood and the Politics of Reproduction - US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading Surrogate Motherhood and the Politics of Reproduction on your Kindle in under a minute! US | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!