The Miami Herald - April 11, 2004
My doctor says what I thought was the beginning of menopause is the beginning of a child. I am pregnant at 48.
My youngest child is in college. After much thought, my husband and I have decided to have this baby.
I must admit I am thrilled (and surprised) but I am also scared to death. I've forgotten everything. Any hints for this new old mom-to-be?
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on Miami Herald
(Unfortunately the link is broken and I was unable to find the story again)
Originally posted on April 11, 2004.
Photo credit: deziner02
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Belated Baby: A Guide to Parenting After Infertility
by Kelly James-Enger and Jill S. Browning
-- Infertility is a mind-set and that every woman who experiences infertility is forever changed, even when she eventually has the child she yearned for.
When many women who have gone through fertility treatments describe their experience, they say it "abused their soul."
The experience may have also hurt their relationship with their husband and sometimes permanently altered relationships with their extended families.
Studies show that even after the desperation of infertility subsides, emotional wounds still fester and an asterisk accompanies her bundle of joy.
Paperback: 242 pages - Click to order/for more info: The Belated Baby - US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!