Collette Dinnigan, who is expecting a baby boy at the age of 46, wants to warn other women not to leave pregnancy too late.
The fashion designer has revealed in an interview in The Sun-Herald's Sunday Life magazine that she and her husband underwent several years of IVF treatments, which resulted in much heartache.
"There's a perception out there that so many fabulous Hollywood stars in their 40s are having children," she says.
Dinnigan turns 47 next month, and the baby is due in November.
Photo credit: brisbanetimes.com.au
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Inconceivable: Winning the Fertility Game
by Julia Indichova
-- One in six couples in America will experience reproductive problems. Julia Indichova and her husband were part of that statistic.
According to several fertility specialists Julia's high FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) level was an indication that her body was no longer producing fertilizable eggs.
Her only chance of conceiving, they said, was in-vitro-fertilization with a donor egg.
After a futile quest for a more hopeful prognosis, Julia searched through a variety of holistic alternatives and finally decided upon a personal healing regimen.
She followed it as single-mindedly , as one would follow a doctor's prescription of antibiotics. Her daughter Adira was conceived naturally, eight months later, and was born on April 29, 1994.
Hardcover: 201 pages - Click to order/for more info: Inconceivable
-- Start reading Inconceivable: A Woman's Triumph over Despair and Statistics on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!