Twins celebrate 30th birthday with Rives Junction mom who gave birth to them at age 50
Once dubbed the “super granny” in newspapers around the world for giving birth to twins at 50, now 80-year-old Jolie Westers continues to live up to the title.
Thursday night, she scurried around her Rives Junction kitchen preparing food for a birthday party. It was to be a small affair, maybe 20 to 30 people. Besides the cake, she made everything.
“We kept her young,” said James Westers, who with his twin brother Justin Westers turned 30 on Thursday.
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on Mlive.com
Read more: Twins celebrate 30th birthday with Rives Junction mom who gave birth to them at age 50
Originally posted on December 29, 2011.
Photo credit: Katie Rausch | Jackson Citizen Patriot
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Inconceivable: Winning the Fertility Game
by Julia Indichova
-- One in six couples in America will experience reproductive problems. Julia Indichova and her husband were part of that statistic.
According to several fertility specialists Julia's high FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) level was an indication that her body was no longer producing fertilizable eggs.
Her only chance of conceiving, they said, was in-vitro-fertilization with a donor egg.
After a futile quest for a more hopeful prognosis, Julia searched through a variety of holistic alternatives and finally decided upon a personal healing regimen.
She followed it as single-mindedly , as one would follow a doctor's prescription of antibiotics. Her daughter Adira was conceived naturally, eight months later, and was born on April 29, 1994.
Hardcover: 201 pages - Click to order/for more info: Inconceivable - US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading Inconceivable (US/Canada) on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!