Here’s a little quiz for you. What did the following famous women do at the ages given: Arlene Philips, 47; Jane Seymour, 44; Christie Brinkley, 44; Bridget Jones author Helen Fielding, 48?
Some form of cosmetic surgery, perhaps? Divorce, maybe?
No, that’s the age at which they gave birth. And this week Carla Bruni joined the number of high‑profile older mums when she had her daughter at the age of 43 — not, perhaps, as unusual as Cherie Blair giving birth to baby Leo at 45, but still old enough to raise a few eyebrows.
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on Dailymail.co.uk
Read more: Is everything you thought about older mothers WRONG?
Originally posted on October 21, 2011.
Photo credit: © Murray Sanders | Dailymail.co.uk
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
You Make Me Feel Like an Unnatural Woman: Diary of an Older Mother
by Judith Newman
-- Today the number of women having their first child over thirty-five has increased by a bazillion fold, or some equally scary large number, and Newman is the first to write a book that tells what it's really like when a trip to the drugstore entails the purchase of both diaper cream and wrinkle cream; when "getting your shots" means both immunization and Botox.
You Make Me Feel Like an Unnatural Woman is not only about having children later in life: it's about what happens to a marriage—and to the spirit, when even the most sought-after baby comes.
Wry, warm, and brutally honest, this is the book for any woman—whatever her age—who has awakened at 3AM to the insistent shrieks of her darling and thought: Oh man, I'm too old for this.
Paperback: 320 pages - Click to order/for more info: You Make Me Feel Like an Unnatural Woman - US | Canada | UK
Hardcover: 320 pages - Click to order/for more info: You Make Me Feel Like an Unnatural Woman US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!