November 5, 2007 - Headline News anchor Nancy Grace and her husband David Linch welcomed twins Lucy Elizabeth and John David on Sunday – an early delivery for Grace, who had developed a pulmonary edema during the pregnancy.
"Her physician determined it would be best for Nancy, and for the twins, to deliver them [on Sunday]," a rep for Grace said. "Lucy Elizabeth, John David, and their proud parents are now resting comfortably."
John David weighed 5 lbs., 1 oz. at birth, and Lucy Elizabeth weighed 2 lbs., 15 oz. according to the rep. Grace, 48, had been due to give birth in January, PEOPLE reported this summer.
"The babies are doing fine. Our little girl is doing just as well as her brother despite her weight – and mom is doing great," Linch tells PEOPLE.
Photo credit: Clark Samuels/Startraks
-- This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on People.com
Read more: Nancy Grace Gives Birth to Twins, by Tim Nudd and Diane Clehane.
Originally published 11/05/2007
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Midlife Motherhood: A Woman-to-Woman Guide to Pregnancy and Parenting
by Jann Blackstone-Ford
-- What's a woman to do when she's facing menopause, toddlers, and elder care all at the same time?
Women who have "been there and done that" provide some insight in Midlife Motherhood.
Offering humor, warmth, and frankness, this is a hand-holding guide for the uninitiated.
What's on their minds:
• Common fears and concerns: from Down's syndrome to being too old
• Fertility challenges and what to physically expect from pregnancy
• How to juggle postpartum demands-parenting, working, caring for aging parents . . . and all at once!
• Hot flashes and warm bottles: coping with hormonal changes while caring for a new baby
Paperback: 288 pages - Click to order/for more info: Midlife Motherhood
US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!