They say pregnancy is a journey, in fact if I hear one more person tell me to "enjoy the journey" I might scream.
The "journey" is challenging, particularly as an older mother to be.
My baby is due just before Christmas, but it's highly likely that it will be late in coming which will mean I might be chowing down Christmas dinner in a hospital bed, and bearing down during my 41st birthday.
Stock Photo credit: Rus
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
First Baby After 30 . . . or 40:
What to Expect When You're 30-Something or More
by Dr Penny Stanway
-- Increasing numbers of women are having their first baby after 40, and with modern technology, the age at which women can have children is rising further still.
Although books on pregnancy and childbirth abound, a woman having her first child after the age of 30 or even 40 has special needs and concerns which are different from those of younger women.
This book looks at the pros and cons of having a first child later in life, discusses how to avoid or minimize the potential problems, and offers guidance on looking after yourself and your baby.
And because older women considering pregnancy are more likely than younger ones to think about life after the baby, it also takes a good look at family planning.
Paperback: 128 pages - Click to order/for more info: First Baby After 30 . . . or 40
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!