Faced with cervical cancer at a young age, Emily Jordan underwent a radical hysterectomy. Doctors were able to save her ovaries. She thought she and her husband would never have their own children.
Jordan told the Associated Press that before the surgery, the doctor told her that she was pregnant. She was devastated.
Her mother, Cindy Reutzel, decided to step in, offering to be a surrogate so that her daughter and son-in-law could have a child. Reutzel is in her early 50's and has remained in good health. She says that reactions have been positive, and is adamant that after the baby is born, she will be the grandmother.
Jordan says that her mother's offer is "a continuation of everything she had done" for her, in making sure that she had the best life possible.
Photo credit: goddiscussion.com
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Insider's Guide to Egg Donation:
A Compassionate and Comprehensive Guide for All Parents-to-Be
by Wendie Wilson-Miller and Erika Napoletano
-- In their search for alternative means for building a family, those who face infertility turn to the nearly 500 reproductive specialty clinics across the United States.
While egg donors enter into the picture for a variety of reasons, every reason has the same desired result: a family to call one’s own.
Same-sex and single-by-choice parents are more prevalent than ever in the fertility industry, and there is no definitive, up-to-date guide to help families of all types approach egg donation, especially these niche groups. Resources are fragmented, true regardless of the family structure.
The Insider's Guide to Egg Donation is the first how-to-handbook that helps families of all types navigate the less talked about but widely practiced egg donor landscape with a warm and friendly tone, giving those in search of a different kind of stork the answers and information they need as they begin to research family-building options.
Paperback: 280 pages - Click to order/for more info:
The Insider's Guide to Egg Donation
-- Start reading The Insider's Guide to Egg Donation on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!