Yvonne Coleman-Davis became pregnant with twins when she was 41, in the spring of 2010. Yvonne, a corrections officer who works an overnight shift, eventually miscarried one of the twins she was carrying.
Yvonne said she asked to be reassigned during her "high-risk" pregnancy so she wouldn't have to be in close quarters with inmates. Her superiors refused, she says.
After the miscarriage, but while she was six months pregnant with the twin who survived, Coleman-Davis was kicked in the stomach by a female prisoner, and she was required to fill out paperwork before her superiors allowed her to go to the hospital.
“I was horrified,” Coleman-Davis told The Jersey Journal. “All I was thinking was, I was going to lose that baby. I lost one, and now I’m going to lose the other one.”
She did not return to work until after her daughter Veronica was born on Oct. 28.
Photo credit: nj.com
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Boost Your Fertility: New Solutions for Conceiving Quickly and Having a Healthy Pregnancy as Soon as Possible
by Marilyn Glenville Ph.D.
-- The definitive one-stop resource for couples who want to have a healthy pregnancy as soon as possible.
Based on leading women’s health expert Dr. Marilyn Glenville’s highly successful program, Boost Your Fertility presents an 8-step integrative approach including nutrition, lifestyle, removing environmental toxins, and medical screening for getting and staying pregnant.
Dr. Glenville outlines in detail what may be hindering pregnancy, what you and your partner should be tested for and when, and how to tailor the program to you based on particular factors such as age, medical history, and lifestyle.
Paperback: 240 pages - Click to order/for more info:
Boost Your Fertility
-- Start reading Boost Your Fertility on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!