I'm 53, a grandma to a 4 year old and expecting my fourth child. I was pregnant last at 43, and she is now 10. These last two are from my second marriage. I have two older daughters from a previous marriage ages 31, and 26. It is amazing to go from having kids in the 80's to 2002, and then 10 years later!
I knew I wanted another baby, but I was very much against the idea if it didn't happen by the time I reached 50. I was even critical of other women I heard of who were giving birth at that age or older! But I started becoming curious, and my husband and I went to our doctor and talked with her about it being OK for me personally to do this if we wanted to. She said it was and gave us options to look into if we needed.
Well, on June 9, 2012, I found myself at 6 weeks after fertility treatments. My doctor said that I am very healthy, and able enough to give birth even naturally. I know three women who have given birth after 50. One in her late fifties got pregnant after 28 years! And the other has 8 kids, she her first at 36, and last at 54. So the second one had even started motherhood late! And another who is a year younger than me and she has five kids.
The baby is due early next year, and apparently I look like I'm almost a month ahead of where I am. It'll be interesting to definitely look like a grandma with my graying hair, and baby belly. By Christmas I'll be really huge. I do feel really good, besides some back pain and tiredness. I'll be in birthing courses soon, and thankfully the mom I mentioned above who is a year younger than me will be in the same class. So we'll be "old" mothers in the classes together! lol
Anyway I'm curious to see if there are any other pregnant moms or people that know pregnant moms over 50! God bless!
Stock Photo credit: deziner02
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Getting Pregnant the Natural Way
(Women's Natural Health)
by D. S. Feingold, Deborah Gordon
-- Are you experiencing infertility?
Written by an authority in complementary medicine, Getting Pregnant the Natural Way is a compassionate guide that offers natural approaches to help you now.
Drawing on the benefits of herbal medicine, homeopathy, nutritional therapies, and mind-body medicine in conjunction with the latest medical therapies, Dr. Deborah Gordon explains the mechanisms of fertility and the possible causes of infertility, then outlines a simple six-step program to help you:
* Prepare your body, mind, and spirit for pregnancy
* Prevent, control, or reverse conditions that impair fertility
* Improve your overall feelings of health and well-being
* Reduce stress and anxiety
* Create balance in your life
Uniquely created from a woman's perspective, Getting Pregnant the Natural Way offers support, wisdom, and hope for you to reach your goal of a healthy pregnancy.
Paperback: 272 pages - Click to order/for more info:
Getting Pregnant the Natural Way
-- Start reading Getting Pregnant the Natural Way on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!