A COUPLE who suffered the heartbreak of having a stillborn baby are raising money to buy medical equipment for expectant South Tyneside mums.
Karen Humphreys and her husband, Paul, were devastated when their son, Adam, was stillborn on Christmas Day in 2009.
The couple went on to have a healthy baby, Joe, in May last year, and have now started fundraising.
By selling wooden toy boxes, which are made by Mr Humphreys, 48, they have already raised £500 for the stillbirth and neonatal death charity Sands.
The 44-year–old, who also suffered two miscarriages, said: "Paul and I both want to do something that may help other people, and we want to raise awareness. I had a uneventful pregnancy until I went into premature labour."
Photo credit: jarrowandhebburngazette.com
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
How to Get Pregnant Fast: Crucial Knowledge for Getting Pregnant
by Hillary J Lowndes
-- Discover the keys to getting giving yourself the best chances of getting pregnant. Don’t surround yourself with information about what not to do.
Instead you can take proactive steps to make sure that everything is just right.
If you feel you can’t get pregnant it may be because you’re not taking the right approach.
The best way to get pregnant doesn’t have to be stressful.
You can take control once you learn some of the science and some of the secrets that have been passed down through time.
Paperback: 124 pages - Click to order/for more info:
How to Get Pregnant Fast
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!