Man, aged 56 and diagnosed as infertile, meets woman, 44. Birth control isn't part of their whirlwind romance - and they get pregnant before you can say "oopsy baby."
Well, not quite. That's how a baby girl was born to Laura Arpiainen, a Vancouver architect, now 46, and her partner, an interior designer. Their 14-month-old daughter was a "gift out of nowhere," Ms. Arpiainen says.
The first-time mother wasn't trying to conceive, she adds, and her periods were irregular for several months before the pregnancy. "I thought I had menopause."
Ms. Arpiainen gave birth at 45, a few years after having surgery for endometriosis and a tumour in her uterus. Today, Ms. Arpiainen says, she's basking in her new life with a partner and toddler. "It's just been love and joy all over."
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
What to Do When You Can't Get Pregnant: The Complete Guide to All the Technologies for Couples Facing Fertility Problems
by Daniel A. Potter and Jennifer S. Hanin
-- Infertility can be a couple's biggest nightmare, and for many of them, technology is the only place to turn for a chance at successfully conceiving their own child.
In What to Do When You Can't Get Pregnant, world-renowned fertility expert Dr. Daniel A. Potter and Jennifer S. Hanin—a journalist who conceived twin girls through in vitro fertilization—walk readers step-by-step through the intricate process of having a baby using the latest technologies, sharing insider information on all possible procedures, how to choose the right doctor, what questions to ask, and how to live a healthy "fertile" lifestyle to increase the chances of success.
For the first time, readers will have access to detailed information on the very latest scientific advances in the field, including pre-screening for genetic diseases, gender-choosing, and pre-selecting desirable traits for children.
Paperback: 288 pages - Click to order/for more info:
What to Do When You Can't Get Pregnant
-- Start reading What to Do When You Can't Get Pregnant on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!