Pauline Lyon, who had two children in her 50's with IVF, supports giving the treatment to older women.
Pauline made history in 1995 when she gave birth to Lauren at the age of 51 — becoming, at the time, Britain's oldest mum. Four years later, she had IVF again, to conceive Brodie.
She and husband David, 62, both have grown-up children from earlier marriages but wanted a family together.
And the American study confirmed what they believed all along — that older mothers have more patience and just as much energy as many young mums.
She says: I often talk to much younger mums at the school who say, ‘Oh God, Im knackered today. But I never feel like that.
We go swimming, were always out playing in the garden, we do car boot sales — the kids love them.
She insists: If I hadn't been able to cope I would not have had one, let alone two.
No one knows whats around the corner. My children know they are wanted and loved — not every child can say that.
Photo credit: thesun.co.uk
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Every Drunken Cheerleader: Why Not Me?
by Kristine Ireland Waits
-- If you're eager to have a baby, doesn't the title say enough? Laugh, cry, share, relate - LOVE this book and all it offers to your soul. It's wit, wisdom and warmth from an author you'll quickly see as your sincere fertility-challenged friend.
This information-packed, inspiring story is for women who are struggling with in-fertility and for those trying to support them.
Enjoy an easy-reading journey you'll remember throughout life. Overwhelmed at the idea of dealing with friends' baby showers, insurance, husbands, needles, tears, heartbreak and surprises?
This book captures it all in a delightful way that's packed full of truths and challenges to keep you moving forward.
Indulge in a journey - reading this book - that will have you throwing your head back in laughter, curling up in the comfort of feeling understood, having raw honesty give you permission to be exactly who you are.
Indulge. You deserve this! Get one for your best friend and your mom too.
Paperback: 168 pages
Click to order: Every Drunken Cheerleader: Why Not Me?
-- Start reading Every Drunken Cheerleader: Why Not Me? on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!