Identical twin sisters born with a rare, life-threatening condition twin-to-twin syndrome (TTTS), have made a remarkable recovery.
Their mother Natalie Smith, 42, underwent an emergency caesarean section a month early on February 9, to boost their chances of survival.
They were born at the Royal Gwent and Nevill Hall hospitals in South Wales with Bessie weighing 3lb 1oz and Hattie weighing 2lb 12 oz.
Mrs Smith, 42, said: 'The first 48 hours of their lives were critical as they were taken away from me for specialist treatment.'
While pregnant, Mrs Smith said she had a ‘mother’s instinct’ that something wasn’t right because of reduced movement, which was confirmed in a scan.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Long-Awaited Stork: A Guide to Parenting After In-fertility
by Ellen Sarasohn Glazer
-- Parents who have wondered about the long term impact of in-fertility on their self image will find the answers in this insightful book by Lois Melina, author of Raising Adopted Children and Making Sense of Adoption.
Finally, here's a book that's sensitive and responsive to the unique emotional experience of parenting after a long, arduous course of in-fertility diagnosis and treatment.
The Long-Awaited Stork gives you all the information, advice, and support you need to adjust to and cope with the special problems of parenting after in-fertility.
Click to read more
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!