Of the 561 babies born in Tuolumne County, 50 mothers were age 26 (the national average age of a first-time mother).
However, California birth certificates don’t say whether the child is the mother’s first or not.
The next most common age for a mother was 25, then 28, then 24.
The youngest mother was 17 (two babies were born to women under 18 in 2014), and the oldest mother was 53.
She gave birth to twins.
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on Daily Herald
Read more: Birth certificates offer interesting snapshot
Originally posted in January 07, 2016.
Stock Photo Credit: labor - delivery, by george ruiz (koadmunkee)
Some rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Surprise Motherhood: A Guide to Unexpected Adult Pregnancy
by Ophelia Austin-Small
-- Pregnancy books on the market have one of two audiences- the teen with an unplanned pregnancy or the adult with a planned and chosen one.
Nowhere is there a book for the almost 3 million adult women facing surprise pregnancy every year.
Surprise Motherhood is aimed directly at that gap, telling the stories of Ophelia and other women who have faced unplanned pregnancy as adult, professional women.
With extensive information about options, paternity, career issues, postpartum depression, finances, and more, Surprise Motherhood is the only reference of its kind, and is sure to be an invaluable reader resource.
Paperback: 196 pages
Click to order/for more info: Surprise Motherhood
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
Start reading Surprise Motherhood on your Kindle in under a minute!
Find it on Amazon: US |Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle?
Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!