Nikki Bains, 47, an NHS admin assistant, lives with husband Bobby, 48, and children Daisy, four, and Dylan, two, in Ilford, Essex. They spent £150,000 on fertility treatment using surrogate mothers in India.
It may have taken 15 years to have the children we always longed for but it’s been worth the wait. That said, there’s no denying our dream family has come with a hefty price tag. In fact, we’ve spent our life savings on fertility treatment and endured years of heartbreak to have Daisy and Dylan.
Daisy was born in July 2008 and we flew to Delhi to bring her home. The moment I laid eyes on her I fell madly in love.
It made no difference to me that she wasn’t biologically mine. All that mattered was that we were parents finally.
There is nothing I would have loved more than to have been able to carry my own babies, but life didn’t work out for us in that way. Fifteen years after we started trying, we finally have our perfect family. You can’t put a price on that.
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Pregnancy After 40:
40 Things No One Told You About Being Pregnant Over 40 (Pregnancy Plan Series)
by Jill Conrad, Pregnancy Support Institute
-- So you’re over 40 and you’ve decided to get pregnant. You are not alone. A growing number of women are waiting to have a baby until they are over 40. This book will reveal:
♥ How you can have a healthy baby in your forties (in spite of all the warnings).
♥ What the biggest risks are and what you can do about them (it may not be as bad as you think)
♥ The 3 most important things you can do to have a healthy baby after 40 (you might already be doing some of them)
♥ Why older mothers often make better parents (the surprising reason)
♥ The one thing you should do every night to keep you fertile and able to conceive naturally (it takes 5 minutes)
…and Much More!
So get started and discover how to have the safest pregnancy and the healthiest baby when you are over 40 and pregnant.
-- Start reading Pregnancy After 40 on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!