Not all over 40 stories are happy stories...
Pop star Gary Barlow and his wife are mourning the loss of their baby daughter.
In a statement issued through his agent, the couple said their baby, Poppy, was delivered stillborn in London on Saturday.
Barlow's wife Dawn was eight months pregnant. On July 5, Barlow tweeted that Poppy was due to be born in seven weeks' time.
Barlow said in the statement: "Dawn and I are devastated to announce that we've lost our baby. Poppy Barlow was delivered stillborn on August 4 in London. Our focus now is giving her a beautiful funeral and loving our three children with all our hearts. We'd ask at this painful time that our privacy be respected."
The 41-year-old singer had previously spoken about how he was looking forward to becoming a father for the fourth time with his wife, a 42-year-old dancer.
Photo credit: Matrixphotos.com
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Infertility and Adoption: A Husband and Father's Perspective
by Roy Sokol
-- Roy Sokol offers men a chance to be heard and women a rare opportunity to view the struggle with infertility from a male perspective.
Infertility and Adoption: A Husband and Father's Perspective brings to life the frustration, anger, humor, heartbreak, and sense of helplessness and a mental philosophy learned in Marine Corps training that helps in overcoming the psychological barriers.
While miracles in technology have brought joy to new families, those very advances have placed many couples into a spiraling cycle of hope and heartbreak.
One failed attempt may lead to another, but how do you give up when there is always another doctor, another procedure holding the possibility of your dream for a family?
Roy Sokol has captured the emotional turmoil he and his wife, Elizabeth, endured as they tried to conceive, the years their lives were put on hold, and the excruciating sense of loss and finally great happiness.
He writes too of the couple's journey through the bewildering world of adoption - a path to parenthood fraught with financial, legal, and emotional risks of its own.
Paperback: 48 pages - Click to order/for more info:
Infertility and Adoption
-- Start readingInfertility and Adoption on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!