I never planned to be pregnant at 40. But when it did happen I was delighted. I was in a strong marriage, we were both working and we had a lovely house.
The baby was planned - my husband is five years younger than me and we had been together a couple of years - so although we were a bit late starting a family, it wasn't something we particularly worried about.
When I was first pregnant, I didn't feel any different than any other woman. I was incredibly tired for the first few weeks - something I now know is normal.
I didn't have morning sickness and I tried hard not to tell anyone about the pregnancy until I was 12 weeks which proved difficult - as I am sure it does for any expectant mother.
Photo credit: Sue Hedges
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Taking Charge of Your Fertility, 10th Anniversary Edition:
by Toni Weschler
The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health
-- For any woman unhappy with her current method of birth control; demoralized by her quest to have a baby; or experiencing confusing symptoms in her cycle, this book provides answers to all these questions, plus amazing insights into a woman's body.
Weschler thoroughly explains the empowering Fertility Awareness Method, which in only a couple minutes a day allows a woman to:
• Enjoy highly effective, scientifically proven birth control without chemicals or devices
• Maximize her chances of conception or expedite fertility treatment by identifying impediments to conception
• Increase the likelihood of choosing the gender of her baby
• Gain control of her sexual and gynecological health
Paperback: 512 pages
Click to read more
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!