Dawn Morris, 44, from Ilkley, says she was very surprised to find herself pregnant at 42.
“I was gobsmacked,” she says. “I didn’t meet my partner, who’s quite a bit younger than me until I was 41 and it really didn’t occur to me that I could become pregnant. I thought I was going in to the menopause.”
“I think I have more patience, and I also appreciate and make quality time to spend with my daughter,” says Dawn.
“I loved my job as a registered nurse before I had Lilly and didn’t think twice about working overtime. Since having Lilly, although I enjoy my two days at work, at the back of my mind I’m wondering if I’m missing an important milestone in Lilly’s life. I no longer do overtime. As soon as my shift is over I’m off like a shot I can’t wait to see Lilly and hear what sort of day she’s had.”
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on YorkshirePost.co.uk
Read more: Late arrivals well worth waiting for
Originally posted in March 28, 2012.
Photo Credit: YorkshirePost.co.uk
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Baby Chase: An Adventure in Fertility
by Holly Finn
-- “I’m not over 40 and childless for no reason,” writes Holly Finn. “I smoked in my twenties. I preferred red wine to sparkling water. I ate too much milk chocolate. I liked limericks. I know all the wrong I’ve done. But also, more than any of that, I’ve always longed for children.”
Yet there she was: successful, social, mostly happy, and not a mother. Knowing that her chances of becoming pregnant naturally were quickly fading, Finn decided to gamble: she—like some 85,000 other women in the U.S. each year—would attempt in vitro fertilization.
Almost three years later, she’s still trying, and in the process has become an accidental pioneer (and, at times, a guinea pig) in the ever-evolving science of IVF.
Length: 50 pages
Start reading The Baby Chase on your Kindle in under a minute!
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle?
Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!