July 4, 1932 - Having given birth to her first child at 55 years and 69 days, Mrs. Mary Higgins of Cord, Ireland bids fair to win the prize offered by a London newspaper for information as to the "oldest mother" in the last 20 years.
Thus far, the runner-up is Mrs. Elizabeth Pierce of Biterne, Southampton, whose youngest child was born when she was 54 years and 40 days.
The paper calls attention to an old announcement in the Royal Cornwall Gazette of January 2, 1819, reporting the birth of twins on Christmas Eve, to Mrs. George Saunders, wife of a London shoemaker in her 59th year.
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on The Toledo News-Bee
Read more: Mary Higgins has baby at 55
Originally posted in July 4, 1932.
Photo Credit: ontzy
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
What Every Woman Should Know About Fertility and Her Biological Clock
by Cara Birrittieri
-- Until now, there has been little practical advice on what women can do about ticking biological clocks.
What Every Woman Should Know About Her Biological Clock is the first book to explore a woman's reproductive life span completely, from beginning to end.
Based on Cara Birrittieri's own experience of running up against a slowing biological clock, she shows women for the first time how to "tell what time it is" with a simple blood test that gives them a peek at the state of their ovaries.
Paperback: 224 pages
Click to order/for more info: What Every Woman Should Know About Fertility and Her Biological Clock
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!