|© Facebook Fan Page/gilbatesfamily.com|
Due on Valentine's day, the latest addition to the ever-swelling clan was two weeks early.
Jeb Colton Bates was born weighing a healthy 7lbs 8oz and spent several days in ICU.
The unusual mother has had no twins, no C-sections and 14 drug-free births and has spent more of her adult life pregnant than not.
We both came to the conclusion that we just want to trust God with how many children we have. We never really thought we'd have 18. We thought we'd have maybe one or two - maybe three," said Gil, a 45-year-old tree surgeon.
This Pregnancy Over 40 story was found on DailyMail.co.uk
Read more: Bates clan now matches family of best friends the Duggars as they welcome baby number NINETEEN
Originally posted on August 13, 2012
Photo Credit: © Facebook Fan Page/gilbatesfamily.com
All Rights Reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Baby Chase: An Adventure in Fertility
by Holly Finn
-- “I’m not over 40 and childless for no reason,” writes Holly Finn. “I smoked in my twenties. I preferred red wine to sparkling water. I ate too much milk chocolate. I liked limericks. I know all the wrong I’ve done. But also, more than any of that, I’ve always longed for children.”
Yet there she was: successful, social, mostly happy, and not a mother. Knowing that her chances of becoming pregnant naturally were quickly fading, Finn decided to gamble: she—like some 85,000 other women in the U.S. each year—would attempt in vitro fertilization.
Almost three years later, she’s still trying, and in the process has become an accidental pioneer (and, at times, a guinea pig) in the ever-evolving science of IVF.
Length: 50 pages
Start reading The Baby Chase on your Kindle in under a minute!
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle?
Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!