The doctor pressed the ultrasound wand to my swollen belly and grinned. “Do you want to know the baby’s sex?” My husband and I nodded.
At 42, I should have just been thankful to be pregnant. Yet, I lay on the examining table and hoped. Let our baby be a boy.
For years, I knew exactly what I would name my first son: Kevin, in memory of my brother, who died in a car accident at age 23. My son would carry the name of my big brother and best friend, a young man who had the gift of gab, empathy, and joy of life.
“You are about to become parents of a boy,” the doctor pronounced as he stared at a screen shot of our baby, whose head looked huge compared to faint outlines of the rest of his body. I wiped away tears. Pavlik, who I had wed the previous year, smiled and squeezed my hand.
Photo credit: eurleif, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Overcoming Male Infertility
by Leslie R. Schover and Anthony J. Thomas Jr.
-- Hope and strategies for couples dealing with male infertility If you or your partner is suffering from male infertility, you're not alone.
Millions of couples are struggling with this problem. About 40% of these couples have exclusively male in-fertility problems, while another 20% have both male and female infertility problems.
Now, two leading experts, a urologist specializing in male infertility and a psychologist, team up to write the most complete guide available on male infertility.
From the latest, state-of-the-art treatments to advice on how to handle the emotional aspects of male infertility, you'll find out where to get the help you need.
Overcoming Male Infertility also covers the psychological issues that are unique to men, and gives advice to women on helping their man through the trauma of infertility treatment--including how to get him to see a doctor in the first place.
Paperback: 304 pages - Click to order/for more info: Overcoming Male Infertility
US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading Overcoming Male Infertility on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!